Recently we attended the investiture ceremony of Byron and Ariella as the sixth baron and baroness of the Barony-Marche of the Debatable Lands. We managed to smuggle in a rather anachronistic digital camera, and escaped with these photos.
"Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
The investiture was held about 45 minutes north of Pittsburgh, near Moraine State Park. The annual Pennsic "war" is held in the same place, and in fact there's a permanent wooden fort that is used to stage assaults and sieges.Here I am with Benjy in front of the fort, modeling his bjorn with my Moroccan semi-medieval-looking clothing.

"Yes? Can I help you?

Back home in street clothes.
2 comments:
Ozymandias quotage! Woot.
If they ever find these pics they'll never let you in again, right? :)
You know, at first I did feel bad about snapping photos, trying to respect the ethos of the gathering, but then I noticed an offical courtier off to side with a videocamera! And I was all like, "Oh it's on now, baron." So I guess there are some, uh, nuances that are not at first apparent to the uninitiated.
Post a Comment