Here is an interactive map of my usual evening ride after work. Mile markers are included. You can see that I start from work, downtown on Ross St., travel east into Squirrel Hill along the so-called "Jail Trail," east on Greenfield Ave., north along Beechwood Boulevard, before turning around at Fifth Avenue and retracing my steps (my spins? my revolutions?) back toward downtown. Then I cross the Monongahela River on the Smithfield St. bridge and head up Sycamore St.
Finally the sun is setting late enough so that I start with a little bit of daylight left, but even so unfortunately I spend most of my ride in darkness. This should change in a couple of weeks once Daylight Saving Time begins.
According to the web page, my total distance is just under 21 miles -- not perfectly accurate, since the distance is based on the multiple waypoints that I entered by hand, but close enough. I shouldn't complain, because whoever designed the page did a great job. I especially like the elevation feature. This is a great Google hack.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment